All 1 game Review

PALADIN: the Game PALADIN: the Game

'Golden Axe 2008'

I really was not expecting there to ever be a Paladin game but I am glad that there is. I have never really been a great fan of Flash as a medium for this sort of games but I have been proven wrong on this occasion.

The Good:

First of all, the drawing and animation was superb and fitted the style of the game perfectly, no complaints in that department. The music was also very good although I would expect nothing less after watching 'The Composer'. Pretty basic gameplay but made all the better by the spells system which added some variety. For a flash game, the amount of stages is another strong point.

The Bad:

Not a lot really, just a bit of slowdown in places but there isn't too much that can be done to stop that. I think the collision detection in a few places was a bit off but its probably just me nitpicking.

Overall, its probably the best Flash game I have played to date. A really well presented product and adds a lot to the Paladin series.

Have you thought about porting it to another program/language? Take a look at Gamemaker (www.yoyogames.com) as that is not too hard to pick up and it may allow you to add some extra features such as online co- op which would really be ace.